Monday, January 26, 2015

What does “Integrating Technology into Teaching and Learning” mean to you?

For myself, I would like to be able to incorporate the smart board into my speech sessions.  There is a Quia site that has a lot of great speech activities on it.  I have observed children in classroom settings engaged in learning through the use of the smart boards.  When I work 1-on-1 with a student, it is easy to just use the laptop; however, when working with 2 or more students at the laptop it becomes difficult for everyone to see clearly.


I also would love for the Unit that I work for to have a Cloud storage where individuals with in a study (Speech-Language, Early Childhood Special Ed, Physical Therapy, etc.) can put up posts so that we are not all trying to reinvent the wheel.  Many of the materials that we (Speech-Language & ECSE) use we create from scratch.  I have found several great ideas on Pinterest; however, some are just a picture of what they made and you have to try and recreate it.  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. During tonight's class, I realized how convenient something like Doodle could be for scheduling IEP meetings. For students with impairments in multiple areas and everyone being stretched thin, this would give the case manager a quick and easy way to poll when he/she could have the majority of the specialty areas (SLP, OT, PT, etc.)in attendance. Of course, the first concern would be the confidentiality of the student's name and other info.

    ReplyDelete