Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Value of Twitter (A14)

If someone had told me in Dec. 2014 that I'd be Tweeting in two months, I would have said ya right. Now that I've played around in the Twitter "sandbox", I've found that it is quite useful.   I enjoy the ability to network with individuals of the same study.  Articles, research, ideas, techniques, and information are shared through networking.

Especially in smaller, remote rural school districts, there is usually only one Speechie who serves the school.  Thus, collaboration with fellow Speechies is rather limited.   Having serviced one such school for three years, I can testify to some of these challenges.  Though I work for a special ed. unit and have a supervisor, we still encounter challenges.

Among my favorite has tags are #SLPeeps, #SLP, #SLT, #WeSpeechies, #SLTchat, #slpbloggers.
Find me on twitter:  https://twitter.com/slpptchr .





No comments:

Post a Comment