Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Top 10 Take Aways & Thoughts (F1)

1.  Doodle - Awesome!  I can see the convenience for scheduling IEP's.
2.  Google Forms - I especially enjoy the surveys!
3.  Cloud Storage - I'm tired of lost thumb drives or finding the right one.
4.  Diigo - Awesome!  Love the ability to highlight, add notes, & save for a re-read or share
5.  Grammarly - Where was this when I went to college?
6.  Google Hangout - Though it is not IVN, it did come in handy on 2/26.  Since some of my adult children live far away, I am anxious to try it out at Easter.  I enjoyed doing a Hangout with my 3-year old grandson two weeks ago.
7.  Child Safe Search Engines (Google Junior/Kid Rex) - I wish I had known about them about 12 years ago when I co-taught an After School Technology Class.
8.  Google Site - I already know the changes that I want to make, but the "Useful Links" tab has made locating online therapy games easier.  Speechies within my Special Ed. Unit commented that they want me to continue to add to the site and have offered suggestions about future updates.
9.  Blog-spot - I enjoy reading other people's blogs especially speech-language therapy related. Writing one...not so much.  But, I can see the educational advantage for students to do journals, creative writing, etc.
10.  Twitter - Love following certain hash tags and observing chats as they unfold.  But actively participating, that was nerve racking.  I'm a reflective thinker and just need time.  So, let me get back to you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment